3/09/2013

DIY • Circle Skirt

Hi Happy People,
Today I'm gonna show you how to make a circle skirt for a 18-inch doll. First you have to draw a circle on paper and cut it out. I used a big plate : D. My circle is 11 inch. 


Then you cut it out and you fold it in four. Then you have to cut out a quarter circle in the corner of 1 1/2 inch. I used a drafting compass.




Pin the pattern on to the fabric. I made a double circle skirt. So I used two circles of fabric.


Cut out the circle in the middle, but cut a 1/4 inch for a seam extra. Cut out the circle and cut out a 1/2 inch for the seam.



Cut out a waistband 13 inch by 2 inch.



Sew the waistband and press it half and again on 1 inch.



 Pin one or two circles to the skirt. That is the difficult part  :"-(


Then sew the waistband to one or two circles. You have to sew the hem of the skirt by folding the fabric on 1/4 inch and over again 1/4 inch and stitch along the edge. If you make a double circle skirt, you can sew a ribbon on the hem on to the second layer. You put both good sides of the fabric and the ribbon to each other and stitch and fold it back and stitch along the side.

A little photo shoot...

You can see both layers.

Look at the lovely lace.

I love my new circle skirt!
I hope you like it and if you have any questions or if you don't understand it, just comment down below. Have fun!

Lots of love,
Pretty Lilly - an American Girl

2 comments:

  1. I will definitely be making one soon!:)
    -E

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it is just pulled up over her feet, and not snapped or elastic in the waist?

    ReplyDelete